EcoHealth Alliance seeks an energetic, motivated candidate for the position of Development Associate to assist in daily operations and communications of our Development department. The Development Associate supports the Senior Director, Marketing and Development with the smooth planning and execution of the Department’s everyday operations, fundraising efforts, and special events. This role provides all necessary support to the Development staff and the duties include overseeing the production of thank you and tax letters and assistance in preparing for appeal campaigns, fundraising proposals, marketing materials, and other outreach material. Additional responsibilities include providing necessary donor reports and development donor database management. The Development Associate will help support a growing integrated team dynamic at the organization. This position will also assist with communications functions with social media and content management to grow and develop web and traditional written content in order to support strategic organizational objectives and fundraising efforts. The Development Associate should be passionate about storytelling and have a strong written content background. This position will implement strategies and develop content that is engaging across diverse mediums—blog, email, graphics, print and social media. The position will be based in our New York headquarters and cannot be performed remotely. EcoHealth Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and offers generous salary, benefits, and excellent working conditions.
- Maintain and coordinate the Donor Perfect database. Keep all records organized and up to date, ensuring that database used at its full capability.
- Conduct all gift entry, run donor reports, and send out timely acknowledgements for gifts received.
- Support the Development Department with the execution of lectures and outreach events including scheduling, handling invitation and rsvp lists, attendance lists and assisting with travel and dinner arrangements.
- Support the Development Department by drafting text, proofreading material for our Benefit, procuring auction items, creating all tax receipts and thank you letter acknowledgements as well as any other tasks as assigned.
- Support the Development Department with direct mail and online campaigns, that moves management process, and other major donor campaigns, as well as substantially supplement the major gifts initiative.
- Complete a reconciliation of both the finance and development department’s gift records.
- Assist with completing payment request forms for the Development department’s expenses.
- Set social media content strategy.
- Optimize processes from content development to posting through WordPress.
- Management of web including, content, development, design, and promotion.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external teams to solve problems and develop content.
- Collect and analyze data and identify trends and insights in order to achieve increased brand awareness.
- Write, create and manage digital and print content that is consistent with the organization’s brand, style and tone.
- Complete ownership of company blog: create blog strategy, content calendar, write blogs, work closely with internal team members for technical topics (i.e. white papers, panel discussion content), track performance and web traffic to the blog.
- Ensure titles, headings and descriptions are SEO friendly with keyword densities.
- Copywriting content that communicates programmatic impact.
- Participate in other projects and tasks as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Constant Contact, MailChimp and social media channels.
- Experience with Google Analytics and ability to adjust the content strategy based on data.
- Ability to manage multi-faceted projects (organize and prioritize activities, coordinate resources and personnel, track budget and project metrics).
- High level of verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- High level of interpersonal skills. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy, as well as a good sense of humor.
- Ability to give continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Relationships with leading social media tools.
- Proven track record for increasing followers and engagement.
- Passion for the social media industry and desire to be at the forefront.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project schedules and resources.
- Demonstrated success developing web content and strategies.
- Fluency in English.
- Web development/troubleshooting skills are a plus.
- Experience with DonorPerfect or other donor databases a plus.
The position is based at EcoHealth Alliance’s headquarters in New York City. EcoHealth Alliance is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and a 403(b) pension plan. For further information about EcoHealth Alliance, please visit our website: www.ecohealthalliance.org
HOW TO APPLY: Send an email a single attachment labeled with your first and last name only (“first last.pdf”) in PDF format containing with (a) a cover letter, (b) CV, and (c) three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Associate 2017” in the subject line. Emails without the subject line or with multiple attachments will not be received. No formal text is required within the body of your email, since only the attached document will be evaluated. All inquires will receive an automatic response confirming receipt. Applicants will be evaluated and only appropriate candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in EcoHealth Alliance!