EcoHealth Alliance seeks a Development Coordinator who will be responsible for managing EcoHealth Alliance’s revenue generation, constituent outreach, and maximizing foundation and individual relationships. Development of unrestricted revenue and effectively communicating EcoHealth Alliance’s work and goals are essential to the overall success of the organization. The successful applicant will have a specific goal to identify opportunities to expand the donor pipeline, build relationships with new major donors, foundation, and corporate representatives, lead and help in grant writing processes, and successfully raise new sources of revenue. This position will work closely with the President, Senior Management, the Board, science and other staff, and collaborators based locally and globally. This position’s focus will be to provide support to secure resources necessary to sustain programmatic activities. This position is based at EcoHealth Alliance in midtown New York City and will require in-office presence and some travel may be required.
- Fundraising and Revenue Development – Building on current and past connections and funders, develop, expand, and manage a portfolio of funding prospects from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Foundations – build out a foundation strategy. Identify new health, environmental, policy, conservation, and other mission-aligned foundation targets. Develop a pitch to funders. Build relationships with new foundations, and submit successful proposals.
- Donors – identify and develop effective donor acquisition strategies as well as update and expand engagement for current donors by building and strengthening the EcoHealth Alliance donor experience. This includes developing and deploying strategic campaigns as well as managing donor and other non-Federal funder communications.
- Strategic Alliances – identify and cultivate external relationships that will contribute to EcoHealth Alliance’s capacity to raise funds from foundations, donors and corporations.
- Lead research, outreach, reporting, and tracking foundation, corporate, charitable organizations, individual donors, and other funding opportunities
- Plan strategy and coordinate donor and other funder letters, acknowledgments, and mailing campaigns
- Write text and other documents for a general audience including for the EcoHealth Alliance website, Board reports, appeals, quarterly and other communications, blogs, other social media, fundraising activities including bi-annual appeals and donor updates.
- Ensure the timely production of annual reporting including annual reports, quarterly appeals, funding campaigns, and annual benefit
- Lead the organization of fundraising, board, and other in-house and external events
- Assist with social media campaigns including strategy, writing, design, and gathering and organizing supporting materials
- As required, liaise with, support, and participate in EcoHealth Alliance’s Board and Board Committees
- Lead the organization of donor records and ensure regular communication and updates with finance teams to track pledged and given funding
- Work closely with senior management, science, and other EcoHealth Alliance teams and partners in identifying funding opportunities, drafting and submitting proposals as well as tracking and reporting on current funded non-Federal programs
- Ensure smooth operation of Development department including activities, events calendars, and minuting
- Participate in ensuring the high-quality lay-out and design of reports and other print, web, and digital items for EcoHealth Alliance
- Research, organize, and draft reports and materials describing effectiveness of fundraising, outreach, and other activities
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in non-profit, foundation, or similar fundraising
- Demonstrable proposal, grant, or other relevant writing and related experience
- Proven excellence in writing skill and creativity
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office and experience with database management, email campaigns, and similar software as well as social media posting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and motivated
- Cultural sensitivity and willingness to adjust working schedule according to international time zones and necessary work on weekends or evenings.
- Interest and/or experience in conservation, One Health, or public health a plus
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Salary Range: US $65,000 – $75,000
At EcoHealth Alliance, our vision is a workplace with a diverse and talented staff where people want to come, to stay, do their best work, and grow. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote our staff without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or socioeconomic status. EcoHealth Alliance offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and a 403(b) pension plan. EcoHealth Alliance is proud and deeply committed to being an equal opportunity employer. For further information about EcoHealth Alliance, please visit our website: www.ecohealthalliance.org.
How to Apply:
Send an email with a single attachment labeled with your first and last name only (“first last.pdf”) in PDF format containing with (a) a cover letter, (b) CV, and (c) three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “DEV COORDINATOR 2023” in the subject line. Emails without the subject line or with multiple attachments will not be received. No formal text is required within the body of your email, since emails will not be evaluated. Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EcoHealth Alliance is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly only if selected as a candidate.
Thank you for your interest in EcoHealth Alliance!
Thank you for your interest in EcoHealth Alliance!